Our Curriculum vision is captured in the phrase
‘Learning to embrace the future’.
We have developed a rich and vibrant curriculum that is based upon the following:
Key drivers shape our curriculum and link directly to our Christian values:
- Creativity – inspiring and building self-expression and confidence
- Respect – for humankind and the environment
- Compassion – understanding that leads to a call to action and change
- Hope - learning to embrace the future
Big ideas link subjects through interconnected threads within learning journeys. Over time, they help children develop a deep understanding of all subjects and the interconnections between them:
- Humankind - Understanding what it means to be human and the cause and effect of human behaviour.
- Processes - Understanding the dynamic and physical processes that shape the world around us.
- Creativity - Understanding how everyday and exceptional creativity can inspire and change perceptions.
- Investigation - Understanding the importance of asking questions, formulating hypotheses, gathering information and analysing evidence.
- Materials - Understanding the unique and physical properties of all matter and how we interact with them.
- Nature - Understanding the complexities and interdependence of the plant and animal species that inhabit the world’s many ecosystems.
- Place - Understanding the visual, cultural, social and environmental aspects of different places around the world.
- Comparison - Understanding how and why things are the same or different.
- Significance - Understanding why significant people, places, events and inventions matter.
- Change - Understanding why and how things have changed over time.